How you can get connected
Ages 2-Grade 6
Children are an integral part of our family and have their own gifts to bring. We encourage them to participate fully in all aspects of church family life, with opportunities to serve in Kids Ministries, hospitality, greeting, prayer, outreach and more.
We believe wholeheartedly that children, like adults, are created to have relationship with God and to extend His Kingdom rule wherever they are!
Mothers are welcome to use our Nursing Mother’s Room (inside the auditorium). It’s a private, quiet area where you can hear and see the service while tending to your little ones.
On Sundays, following our worship time as a whole family, we have an interactive kids church program BridgeKids tailored to each age group:
- Prek (ages 2) to SK Explorers
- Grades 1-3 Trailblazers
- Grades 4-6 Young Warriors
We believe wholeheartedly that children, like adults, are created to have relationship with God and to extend His Kingdom rule wherever they are! We’re diligent in maintaining a loving and safe environment where our kids learn about the Bible, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit through interactive media and engaging activities. Using memory verses and object lessons, they learn how to use the gifts and abilities God has given them to love others.
Our heart is to EQUIP the youth to encounter God, be transformed by His unconditional love and build an unshakable foundation in Him. Our youth gatherings are where young people can come at the end of a long school week, relax, be real and be accepted while pursuing God.
We meet every Friday at 7pm to worship, study the Word, fellowship together and have fun.
Our heart is to EQUIP the youth to encounter God, be transformed by His unconditional love and build an unshakable foundation in Him. Our youth gatherings are where young people can come at the end of a long school week, relax, be real and be accepted while pursuing God. Our desire is that; all that we are, is not contained within our walls but to be a voice to the Durham region, and to impact our youth to:
- Become more secure in their identity in Christ
- Engaging other youth, from all walks of life
- Moving in the gifts of the Spirit (and using them boldly even in our services)
- Ready and able to share the gospel
- Worshiping freely with their whole heart
The Young Adults (Ignition) are trailblazers, set on fire for Him. Our heart is for our Young Adults to encounter God personally and to know who they are in Him, living their lives as testimonies by His grace.
Ignition meets every Friday at 7:30PM to worship, study the Word, fellowship together and have fun.
In every gathering, we desire our Young Adults to:
- Be transformed by His power and His presence.
- Be rooted in the truth of His Word.
- Be set on fire for Him, for His glory, to be His hands and feet to the world.
- Be trailblazers, leading their generation to The way, The truth and The life.
- Be empowered to become leaders wherever God places them.
Frontline come together for fellowship, to rub shoulders and develop into men of God. They aim to become men who lead well in their families, in the church and the market place.
At The Bridge, we believe the New Testament places men as leaders in the church and home, and that it defines leadership as servant-hood. Frontline seeks to empower the men of the church to love, serve, and protect the women and children in their lives. We believe this brings security and peace to a home, and creates an environment where family members can reach the greatest heights of their potential.
See What’s Happening or email us at email@example.com for more information on when Frontline is running.
We want to honour and celebrate what men bring to the Church. The men’s ministry strives to be for men for all seasons encouraging one another to:
- Have an intimate vibrant personal relationship with the Lord
- Be good husbands and fathers
- Live out a good testimony in our community and workplace
- Walk in holiness (especially sexual purity)
The ladies at The Bridge embrace what it means to be relevant as women. They seek to discover God’s intentions for them as they unearth their treasures within and SPARKLE for Him.
Our women’s ministry Sparkle encompasses a variety of opportunities for women of all ages and from all backgrounds.
See What’s Happening or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on when Sparkle is running.
Through the Word and Spirit, Sparkle seeks to encourage our community of precious ladies in spiritual growth and personal development. Together they are discovering how to use the treasure God has placed inside of them to become better ambassadors for Christ, learn how to effectively extend and serve in His Kingdom. As women they desire to make a difference that has eternal value!
Our Legends have great stories to tell, and a deep heart of thanksgiving to impart. The over 60s meet regularly for fellowship and encouragement in God’s Word, testimony and prayer. Collectively, they have served the Lord for hundreds of years! Together, the Legends aim to demonstrate the wonderful, powerful truth that an intimate relationship with Jesus transforms our “inner man” allowing them to become increasingly like our Lord and Saviour.
Sharing Life, Jesus & Faith
Alpha is an 11-week course that creates a space, online or in person, where people from any background can encounter Jesus. It’s the perfect platform to bring friends for a conversation about life, faith and Jesus.
Over 1 million people in Canada have experienced Alpha, and millions more have taken Alpha in over 100 countries and over 100 languages around the globe.
See What’s Happening or email Pastor Dom at email@example.com for more information on when we’re offering Alpha.
Explore life, faith and meaning together. through:
- Connection: Whether it’s a group of friends gathered around a kitchen table, or a quick online catch-up, times of connecting are important. It’s no different at Alpha. Whether in person over a meal or virtually with a cup of tea, all sessions start with a time to connect, relax and build friendships.
- Content: The Alpha talks are designed to engage people from all walks of life and inspire conversation. They explore the big issues of life and faith and unpack the basics of Christian belief, addressing questions like “Who is Jesus?”, “Why and how do I pray?” and “How does God guide us?”
- Conversation: The discussion time is an opportunity for people to respond to the talk, hear from others, and contribute their own perspective in an honest, friendly, and open environment.