Whoa!!!! a new year dawns, and in our part of the world, a counterpane of white glistening diamonds greeted us, as the rays of light filter through the heavens. After so many years….. a white Christmas, which to the uniformed is not a guarantee; almost like a “Ripley’s Believe it or Not”.
Festivities are over, the mad dash is done, the “storm”( you had to be there) is past, and we have all exuberantly greeted one another “ Happy New Year” 2014……… Yeaaahhh.
As we break the barrier on 2013, what a great year. Our hearts are filled with the joy of the life that emanates from our Bridge family. So many victories and testimonies, of Gods goodness. His grace and favour towards us. The curtain of memory is drawn back to an old chorus, “ What a Mighty God We Serve”.
As we boldly step into 2014, we remain fixed on Jesus. Our goal or our E- Grace Vision remains the same, we are not blown to and fro by every new wind of doctrine, every vain thought or imagination of man, or every new spiritual wind that might blow. We remain fixed on lifting up and magnifying the name of Jesus. John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.
A People of the Word and Spirit…..Blow Spirit Blow in our togetherness.
We do believe that God has more in store for us in this coming Year.
We believe God is saying that 2014 will be a :-
A Year of Inheritance
- Caleb : a man with a different spirit
- Who was patient and remembered the word of the Lord that had been spoken to Him
- When all were negative and brought fear, and made peoples hearts melt; Caleb followed the Lord wholeheartedly
- This was confirmed, “because you have followed the Lord whole heartedly”
- Even in old age still had a bold ask of the Lord – “ so now give me this hill country.
A Year of Transformed Lives
A Year of Promise
- People to take hold of the promises of God – bold asks.
- An established identity, to walk into the promises and abundance
Year of Abundant Life
- John 10:10
- We are blessed with an abundant life
Our Eyes Remain Focused on Jesus
- “This is a season of wrestling for the faith we have in God our Father and His Son….The Christ, The Lord, The Man Jesus. How we live and our goals and purposes should all declare “To God and to The Lamb, blessing and honour and glory and power(dominion) forever and ever!” Rev5:13,14.”